Saturday, March 1, 2014

Hats for Salvation Army and Photoshoot - Update 1

Happy March everyone!!! Can you believe we are already three months into the new year?

It has been a couple weeks since I last posted,  so I figured it was time for an update. The days have been filled with mopping floors (I'm a part time janitor, ya know), executing matron-of-honor duties, skyping with my hubby, and of course knitting away while I patiently (or not so much) wait to jump on a plane so I can be with him again.

Hat for my sister. Actually designed
it most on my own. 

Tyson Hat  for Salvation Army. 
Back of the Tyson Hat. 
While waiting is hard, it does allow for a lot of time to create. So far, I have finished two hats for the Salvation Army, with a third had in progress. Only 7 1/2 to to reach my goal before leaving! I also finished a hat for my sister and am almost finished with a sweater for my best friend's up-coming wedding. 


Simple Slouch hat for Salvation Army.

In other news, I am so excited to announce that I am partnering with a photographer friend, Kristina, at Love Letters Photography to capture some gorgeous shots of the baby hats I have been crocheting on some even more adorable babies. This is exciting for me as a growing knitter because it is the first step in launching the ministry side of my craft. I have a long way to go before Rai Of Hope Ministries is a fully functioning shop that both sells and donates the things I get to create out of yarn. But, this is an exciting step. I can't wait to share the images that come out of this and see where this all leads. 

Look!! My hats are in an official picture!! ^_^

I hope March has started off well for you and those around you. March always seems to be a busy month, with mid-terms and spring break, and everything. Don't forget to take time to do the things you love, with the ones you love. 

A Sneak Peek at the sweater that I am working on. Almost done!!


Until next time!

*All patterns used with permission from She Makes Hats. 

No comments:

Post a Comment