Saturday, February 15, 2014

February: Hats for the Salvation Army.

Well, February is sufficiently begun, so I think it is about time to announce the project for this month!

Last month I donated hats for the homeless community in Phoenix. Since this is going to be my last project before leaving the country, I decided to focus on those in my local community by donating hats to the Salvation Army of Sierra Vista. Their goal is to reach those in need in their communities by meeting both physical and spiritual needs. The hats I donate will be distributed to those who need them most.


The yarn ready to be knit and sent to love on some heads!

Since I am getting a late start this month (and am hopefully leaving for Italy next month!!) I will be extending this project through to the middle of March. My goal is to have 10 hats knit and ready for delivery by then.
I am going to continue using the Sandoval Hat used in last months project along with some new hats that I will share as I use them.

This month I will also be working on some other side projects:  a hat for my sister, a pair of socks for a friend, baby hats for future sale, etc. Expect pictures of the yarn chaos along the way!!

Here's to hoping your February has been full of love and life. Let's make the rest of the month meaningful whether we are making hats for those in need or just loving on the friends and family around us.

No comments:

Post a Comment