Skip to main content

Hats for Salvation Army and Photoshoot - Update 1

Happy March everyone!!! Can you believe we are already three months into the new year?

It has been a couple weeks since I last posted,  so I figured it was time for an update. The days have been filled with mopping floors (I'm a part time janitor, ya know), executing matron-of-honor duties, skyping with my hubby, and of course knitting away while I patiently (or not so much) wait to jump on a plane so I can be with him again.

Hat for my sister. Actually designed
it most on my own. 

Tyson Hat  for Salvation Army. 
Back of the Tyson Hat. 
While waiting is hard, it does allow for a lot of time to create. So far, I have finished two hats for the Salvation Army, with a third had in progress. Only 7 1/2 to to reach my goal before leaving! I also finished a hat for my sister and am almost finished with a sweater for my best friend's up-coming wedding. 


Simple Slouch hat for Salvation Army.

In other news, I am so excited to announce that I am partnering with a photographer friend, Kristina, at Love Letters Photography to capture some gorgeous shots of the baby hats I have been crocheting on some even more adorable babies. This is exciting for me as a growing knitter because it is the first step in launching the ministry side of my craft. I have a long way to go before Rai Of Hope Ministries is a fully functioning shop that both sells and donates the things I get to create out of yarn. But, this is an exciting step. I can't wait to share the images that come out of this and see where this all leads. 

Look!! My hats are in an official picture!! ^_^

I hope March has started off well for you and those around you. March always seems to be a busy month, with mid-terms and spring break, and everything. Don't forget to take time to do the things you love, with the ones you love. 

A Sneak Peek at the sweater that I am working on. Almost done!!


Until next time!

*All patterns used with permission from She Makes Hats. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Further Up and Further In - The Beginning of Something

“We’ve all been blind - we’re only beginning to see where we are.” I first heard the phrase “Further Up and Further In” from C.S. Lewis’ The Chronicles of Narnia:  The Last Battle. It is a cry of delight urging everyone to see that they are no longer in the Narnia they once knew, but rather in the real Narnia, one without beginning or end. They can now race through the real Narnia with rapturous joy towards Aslan’s garden, and as they go further into this garden, their joy only increases in abundance as does the beauty of the land they have entered  and the glory of Aslan. I like to think that I have not quite been the same since reading Lewis’ creative imagining of what it could be like when at last this world falls away and we enter a new world, one more real than we could ever guess as we walk with Jesus, our Aslan, eternally. And it seems, I am not the only one whose heart strings where struck by Lewis’ words. “My beating heart is bursting out my skin, to go furth...

Home is where...

“Oh, are you new? Awesome! Where are you from?” If you grew up in the military like me, or have ever asked a military kid this question, the response probably went something like this… “Uh…well…..originally I’m from Missouri…but I’ve moved around a whole lot so I’m from a lot of places….I just moved here from Germany…..I don’t know….” Growing up in a military family, moving was just part of life. Of course leaving friends was hard, but you learned very quickly how to adapt, make new friends, and love the new place you found yourself in. New places, new adventures were always exciting, but with all the changes, I never was able to call one place home; rather, there was simply a list of all the places I’d been and home was where my family was. My dad retired from the Army and moved my family to Arizona a little over 12 years ago, and being that I’m only 22 (almost 23) I’ve actually spent more than half of my life in the same place even though the first half we didn’t sta...

Ender's Game - The Joy of Reading

Alright, it’s been a while since I posted about anything (not that I've been posting long enough to have a general rhythm, but still…). Around here, lots of life has been happening what with finally unpacking boxes to fill our apartment, working on appointments and paper-work to re-pack and re-locate to Italy (no big deal, really…more on this later ^_^), planning a trip to visit a certain adorable little niece, (check out  Steph's Blog  to see just how adorable she is and get some insight into the life of a new mommy here), and still getting done daily life things like dishes and laundry and more dishes. A few weeks ago if you would have asked how I was, I would have told you I was great…just a wee bit bored since my days are pretty long with not a whole lot to do. Now, that couldn't be farther from the truth. I have to do lists, a budding social life (yay for new friends!) and did I mention I have lots to do? Before things really started moving here, I kept myself bus...