Skip to main content

February: Hats for the Salvation Army.

Well, February is sufficiently begun, so I think it is about time to announce the project for this month!

Last month I donated hats for the homeless community in Phoenix. Since this is going to be my last project before leaving the country, I decided to focus on those in my local community by donating hats to the Salvation Army of Sierra Vista. Their goal is to reach those in need in their communities by meeting both physical and spiritual needs. The hats I donate will be distributed to those who need them most.


The yarn ready to be knit and sent to love on some heads!

Since I am getting a late start this month (and am hopefully leaving for Italy next month!!) I will be extending this project through to the middle of March. My goal is to have 10 hats knit and ready for delivery by then.
I am going to continue using the Sandoval Hat used in last months project along with some new hats that I will share as I use them.

This month I will also be working on some other side projects:  a hat for my sister, a pair of socks for a friend, baby hats for future sale, etc. Expect pictures of the yarn chaos along the way!!

Here's to hoping your February has been full of love and life. Let's make the rest of the month meaningful whether we are making hats for those in need or just loving on the friends and family around us.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Further Up and Further In - The Beginning of Something

“We’ve all been blind - we’re only beginning to see where we are.” I first heard the phrase “Further Up and Further In” from C.S. Lewis’ The Chronicles of Narnia:  The Last Battle. It is a cry of delight urging everyone to see that they are no longer in the Narnia they once knew, but rather in the real Narnia, one without beginning or end. They can now race through the real Narnia with rapturous joy towards Aslan’s garden, and as they go further into this garden, their joy only increases in abundance as does the beauty of the land they have entered  and the glory of Aslan. I like to think that I have not quite been the same since reading Lewis’ creative imagining of what it could be like when at last this world falls away and we enter a new world, one more real than we could ever guess as we walk with Jesus, our Aslan, eternally. And it seems, I am not the only one whose heart strings where struck by Lewis’ words. “My beating heart is bursting out my skin, to go furth...

Home is where...

“Oh, are you new? Awesome! Where are you from?” If you grew up in the military like me, or have ever asked a military kid this question, the response probably went something like this… “Uh…well…..originally I’m from Missouri…but I’ve moved around a whole lot so I’m from a lot of places….I just moved here from Germany…..I don’t know….” Growing up in a military family, moving was just part of life. Of course leaving friends was hard, but you learned very quickly how to adapt, make new friends, and love the new place you found yourself in. New places, new adventures were always exciting, but with all the changes, I never was able to call one place home; rather, there was simply a list of all the places I’d been and home was where my family was. My dad retired from the Army and moved my family to Arizona a little over 12 years ago, and being that I’m only 22 (almost 23) I’ve actually spent more than half of my life in the same place even though the first half we didn’t sta...

Ender's Game - The Joy of Reading

Alright, it’s been a while since I posted about anything (not that I've been posting long enough to have a general rhythm, but still…). Around here, lots of life has been happening what with finally unpacking boxes to fill our apartment, working on appointments and paper-work to re-pack and re-locate to Italy (no big deal, really…more on this later ^_^), planning a trip to visit a certain adorable little niece, (check out  Steph's Blog  to see just how adorable she is and get some insight into the life of a new mommy here), and still getting done daily life things like dishes and laundry and more dishes. A few weeks ago if you would have asked how I was, I would have told you I was great…just a wee bit bored since my days are pretty long with not a whole lot to do. Now, that couldn't be farther from the truth. I have to do lists, a budding social life (yay for new friends!) and did I mention I have lots to do? Before things really started moving here, I kept myself bus...